Caulfield Bears Latest News
The Caulfield Bears are very pleased to announce our Football Coach for Season 2019 will be Chris O’Keefe. Chris has an illustrious playing and coaching career having been a VFL player, a premiership player and coach and multiple Grand Final appearances.
Chris grew up in Bungaree and played in the TAC Competition for 2 seasons before joining North Ballarat Roosters in the VFL. He played 5 seasons with North Ballarat and moved to Melbourne to pursue work opportunities.
He joined Spotswood FC in 2008 and played for 6 seasons with the club making a huge impact both as a player and as a coach in this time.
The highlights of his playing/coaching career so far are:
- playing coach of Spotswood FC (2011-2013) – the team played in the Grand Final in each season, winning the premiership in 2011 and narrowly losing the other 2 GF’s each by a solitary point;
- WRFL Coach of the Year (2011);
- WRFL ‘Team of the Year’ (2008-2013);
- WRFL B&F winner (2012 & 2013);
- WRFL 2nd B&F (2008);
- 2nd Best & Fairest in Central HIghlands Football League in 2016 (whilst playing for Bungaree);
- CHFL ‘Team of the Year’ (2014);
- playing coach of Albion FC in WRFL (2017 & 2018);
- 4-times premiership player (3 premierships with Spotswood and one with Bungaree)
- 7 Grand Finals in 11 seasons as a player &/or coach.
We welcome Chris to our club and look forward to Season 2019 with high hopes and great expectations.